Tuesday, May 19, 2015

From the mouths of babes

My dad's in the hospital right now. They are trying to figure out what's wrong with him. I took the girls last night and they were so thoughtful and caring, wanting to color pictures for Papaw, Charlotte laid her little new squishy sea turtle on Papaw, and Drea picked out a worry stone for him in the gift shop that meant courage.

Later when we were sitting watching daddy sleep, Charlotte said to me, "Mom, I wish this wasn't happening to Papaw....I wish this was happening to someone else." Oh my goodness....from the mouths of babes. I didn't want her to think her concern was wrong so I told her it was ok how she felt but I wished this wasn't happening to anyone and wished Papaw was better.

I just love her sweet heart and her mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment