Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Found my spot

The other day I remembered about a great spot my old boss took me to before to get out of the office and eat lunch on a gorgeous day outside.  I decided even though it's at least a ten minute drive I would probably enjoy the serenity and even just to sit there for 30 min would be a great getaway.

I was right. It was wonderful.

I spent time writing. Feeling the warm sun and a soft breeze on my face. Hearing the birds chirp and....I'm dead serious....some squirrels run across the brick walkway. I promise it's not made up. It's just a place where I can get away and hear the sweet sounds and appreciate the beauty God made. 

I'm so grateful that God made me the kind of person who can sit and feel closer to Him just while taking in his creation. 

This is the Memorial Garden at VA Hospital in Clarksburg.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you and the person you are becoming . Bob was so early for his interview the other day and he said he walked in the same spot. I love you sorry i didn't see this sooner.

    ReplyDelete