Sunday, August 31, 2014

First days of school

This past week hosted the beginning of new eras in our lives. Drea started 3rd grade and Charlotte made her official school appearance in kindergarten!

Drea has always liked school but this is the first year I have actually heard her truly excited to start learning not just excited to see all of her friends. She said she couldn't wait to get back to learning fractions (yes, she's my kid who lives math so much it's actually exciting!)

Charlotte wasn't exactly excited about school but was ready to see some of the friends she made over the summer at kinderkamp. She would have preferred summer lasting months longer! But it had to come to an end and my baby started school!

Drea's first day of third grade!

Charlotte wanted in on Drea's first day pics. Kindergarten in our county starts a couple days later do the big kids have a chance to get into the swing of things before you throw the newbies into the mix.

Charlotte's first day of kindergarten!

And of course, both of them again.

Charlotte with her backpack like a big girl!!

Both of them being silly and showing off their backpacks.

At the school, ready to walk in. My big girls. 

Lastly, we always take the kids out to eat after the first day of school. Their choice: The Golden Corral. This is like their favorite place to eat. I've probably said it before but I think it's because they have so many options. Kids are picky so a smorgasbord of options where they can find quite a bit of their preferences makes their day. Plus, the cotton candy and ice cream helps! 

It struck me as funny when I looked at their plates after our first trip to the buffet. Check it out: 


Drea's plate: bits of random items she likes....a small slice of watermelon, pepperoni, little steps of tortilla chips, a roll, a piece of bead, and don't forget the small bag of oyster crackers that are just above her plate. She's so cute! :)

And then there's Charlotte's meal: noodles, green beans, corn, and a roll. I don't know why the way they easy so differently tickles me but I love their differences. They are so cute! I do not love these differences on a typical night of dinner at home! Lol! If I just served bread or rolls, they would be set! 


Oh, I forgot to mention that Charlotte found her bff, Poppy, on get first day of school. She was so excited because we didn't think they were going to be attending the same school. Here is a picture of the two of them enjoying their first breakfast at big school together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment