Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Surprise! Kindergarten is a cinch, mom!

Charlotte brought home flash cards this week to work on learning letters and words. Today she also brought home a paper that said they are working on some sentences. Easy sentences like "Am I red?" and "I am a duck."

She read them to me!! She read every sentence right off the paper on the first try!! I couldn't decide whether to cry or be excited. So I teared up and shouted "Charlotte! You can read!!" She was so proud of hearing those words come out of my mouth and knowing that it was true that she beamed from ear to ear! We giggled and I kept saying it and she just hugged me and kissed me. Best day in awhile.

Guess what....my baby is learning to read. :)

1 comment:

  1. thanks nunnie going to cry she's not old enough yet. haha

    ReplyDelete