Saturday, April 12, 2014

Clarksburg Grandprix

What a great day!

I took the girls to the Clarksburg Grandprix today. It was a beautiful, sun shining, day perfect for bike riding.

The Grandprix is a bicycle race that begins with collegiate racing and then amateurs. In between those, they have a kids race. So I signed Drea up for it and we went over after crossfit to check in and then take part in the other activities they have go on. There was free lunch for the kids; they received free helmets and had them properly fitted; they had their faces painted and spent most of the time just riding their bikes around in Jackson Square in Clarksburg.

Also, all kids were entered in to a drawing for bikes. BOTH of my girls won a brand new bike!! That was an awesome blessing because we needed to buy at least a new bike for Drea because she outgrew hers.

And they BOTH participated in the race. I didn't originally sign Charlotte up because I didn't know what it would be like and I didn't know if it would be okay to do with training wheels still on. When I saw it was a small little course and kids of all ages, I let her ride too. They both loved it! They had so much fun! We've already determined that we must do it again next year! And we have too make sure Barrett and Tyler do it too. Theo hung out with us and enjoyed the festivities and you never know he may be able to ride already next year because we saw some tiny tikes out there....it was so cute!

I'm so glad I decided to take them to this. I just happened to see a flyer for it in the Blue Bird and wondered if Drea would like the kids race because she really loves riding her bike.

Here are some pictures. Enjoy.

This is after we first checked in. (By the way, this is also before the new helmets and fittings...Drea has on my helmet which is obviously not fitting her well! Lol)

New Bikes


Ready to start their race

Theo's big fun

My big girls racing

This was them pretending to be on the winners block. All the kids get prizes in this race.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for asking me to go I enjoyed the day and for my comment to be in the paper was pretty cool. So glad i don't work on saturday any more. Love Nunnie

    ReplyDelete